Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time with Family

My cousin Nick Nelson got married in October and we traveled to South Eastern Ohio for the wedding and got to see some family we hadn't seen in a while. Some of them Jer actually had never met before!

Jer, K and I with my cousin Elizabeth and Kurt, their 2 kids Andrea and Nathan, and my cousin Jefferson and Jamie and their daughter Adaline. (Left to Right)

Aunt Rachie walking with Kaelyn

Andrea, Kaelyn and Adaline hangin' out. Beautiful girls!

Kaelyn and I with Great Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and cousin Andrea. We were happy to see them and spend a little time with them, this was actually the last time we got to see my Grandma before she passed away.

Rachel and I with our cousin Katie, the youngest of the Nelson cousins, she is 10.

12 of the 16 Nelson cousins were at the wedding. The most of us that have been together in one place in a very long time.

My Grandma Nelson passed away the day before Thanksgiving, so after being with Jer's family for T-day, we went to Ohio to see family and attend her funeral. It was so good to see so many family members twice in two months, especially because some we hadn't seen in years. My Grandma and Grandpa's favorite color is red, so many people, especially the great grandkids, wore red in honor of Red Grandma.

Grammie, Kaelyn, me and Great Grandpa Nelson

All 16 of the Nelson cousins together, ranging in age from 34 to 10!

And all 9 of the Nelson Great Grandchildren together for the first time. They range in age from 6 years to 10 months. Bailey, Kaelyn, Nathan, Andrea, Gracie, Toryn, Ellison, Adaline, and Jaden (left to right), 7 girls and 2 boys. My cousin Elizabeth is expecting too, so we have great grandbabies #10 and #11 on the way! Man it was hard to get them all sitting still and somewhat looking at the camera. Kaelyn kept trying to escape and scoot down off of the chair!
My sisters and cousin Megan (on the left). Doesn't she look like she could be one of our sisters too!?

With Megan and Kaelyn and Toryn, Megan's daughter, who is exactly two months older than K.
We will miss Grandma Nelson, but are so thankful for all of the great memories that we have and the strong family that she helped to build.

No comments: