Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kaelyn's First Haircut!

K's hair was getting a little crazy, shaggy, and more and more mullet looking. I really did not want to cut her hair - I wanted her to be 2 or 3 and have beautiful hair and be able to say that she'd never had her hair cut. But alas, it was not meant to be. So, I trimmed it up a little in the back last night. I was a little nervous because I don't really think I know how to cut hair, and I didn't want to mess it up, but I think her baby fine hair is pretty forgiving.

Here are some before and after pics. I don't have any pics when I was actually cutting it, because Jer was filming it with the Flip, but I haven't had a chance to upload the video yet. (Video's take a lot longer than pics).

Before

And After - she was done with sitting on the chair and didn't want her picture taken so these are best I could get.
I think it turned out pretty cute. It's like a little bob in the back. If you have any tips for cutting baby's hair I would love to hear them!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Em! So cute - and I am impressed with how well you did! Poor Josh, almost 2 and still hasn't had his first haircut. He IS getting close, though. I'll be taping bows in Ellie's hair someday so that people know she is a girl!

Jenica Cory said...

The haircut looks so cute! I can't wait to see her. Maybe in about a year when Magnolia finally needs a haircut you can give me some tips! haha